BRIGHT – “Town for All Seasons” is a picturesque village in the Alpine Valleys of North East Victoria, renowned for it's beauty in all four seasons. It has easy access to the stunning environments of the Alpine High Country around Mt Hotham and Falls Creek and the Mt Buffalo and Alpine National Parks.
Enjoy a stress free break in the lazy days of summer along the shady rivers, the blaze of colour and fallen leaves of autumn, the blossoms and myriad shades of green of spring or the crisp air and nearby snow resorts in a winter escape.
Experience all this from a Highland Valley quality self contained unit only ten minutes stroll from the Alpine Valleys town of Bright.
Come to Bright and enjoy….
- River walks, walks to local lookouts and high country bushwalks
- Mountain biking, road riding or family cycling trips on the Murray to Mountain Rail Trail
- Gold panning and fishing for trout in the rivers
- Skiing, tobogganing, snow boarding and snow play at one our nearby snow fields – Mt Buffalo, Mt Hotham or Falls Creek. All between 45 – 75 minutes drive from Bright. (June – September depending on snow)
- Paragliding, hang-gliding, microlighting and scenic plane flights. Tandem flights for beginners through to courses to learn the skills for solo flights.
- Scenic drives, guided tours and walks
- Art, craft, antique and secondhand shops
- Berry & lavender farms, apple orchards and a variety of local produce
- Wineries, brewery, fine restaurants (eg Simone’s, Tani, Sole e Luna, Poplars,) lovely a la carte restaurants (Suganya's Thai, Pepperleaf, Liquid AmBar, Thirteen Steps), family restaurants and pubs (eg Bright Chinese, Il Centro Pizza and Pasta, Star Hotel, Alpine Hotel) and delightful cafes (Riverdeck Cafe, Sweet Retreat, Blackbird Cafe, Beanz, Coral Lee).
- Museums and street markets
- Trout, deer and emu farms
- Events - Bright Autumn Festival, Bright Spring Festival, Alpine Four Peaks Climb, Alpine Audax, Tour of Bright, Alpine Valley Gourmet Weekend, Rod Run, Rockabilly.
- Historic townships, including heritage listed Wandiligong, an area instilled in gold history
- High country experiences, Mt Buffalo National Park, Alpine National Park - walks, four wheel driving, bike riding, horse riding
- Wandiligong Maze, The Old Tobacco Sheds, Bright and District Leisure Tours
- 18 hole golf course, bowls, tennis, croquet
Some interesting links for the BRIGHT region...
- Bright Victoria official tourism website
- Map of Bright
- Map of Great Alpine Road
- Mt Buffalo National Parks
- Alpine National Park
- Wandiligong Maze and Cafe
- Murray to Mountains Rail Trail
- 5 Star Adventure Tours
- Bright Brewery
- Adina Ski Hire
- Bright Country Golf Club
- Bright Autumn Festival
- Bright Spring Festival